This has been an interesting week. I have been working on animation, 3D modeling and physics. Those are three things in which I had no experience. My work on features related to these areas has been a frustrating crawl. I'm starting to really understand why using certain kinds of licensed software libraries is so common.
I am finally starting to make some progress, I have a nifty skinned animation library that does most of what I need it to do and I'm happy with the architecture of my physics engine. I'm not happy with how my entity data and graphics system communicate. Right now, the logical representation of the entities carry some information purely for the benefit of the graphics system; I need to find a way around that.
The game is moving slower than I would like, but I expect it to speed up once I can return to familiar ground and focus more on game logic. I should have some interesting videos or images to post by next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment