Saturday, February 4, 2012

Warlord - Week Two

I spent this week tweaking my design for Warlord's architecture and optimizing my terrain generation. I didn't start any new features, but I did make the code much cleaner and efficient.

I made a new perlin noise generator which is ~30% faster than my previous one; I also reduced memory usage from the 700-950 Mb range to the 300-500 Mb range. Doing those optimizations now was necessary to ensure I had enough cpu and memory to play with for making and testing Civilization generation and AI.

I'm going to continue refactoring until Monday. After that, I will be writing skinned model shaders and adding animated entities to the game. Working on how to represent entities and supporting animated modelw will probably take much of my time for the week or two after that. Everything is going great so far, I'm hoping to have an open pre-alpha release by late May to get some feed back on the direction of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment