Thursday, December 8, 2011

Games That I Love

I love games that give you the tools to do something amazing without telling you exactly what to do. I love games with worlds so rich and autonomous that they feel like they don't need you. I love games that naturally generate stories and whose complexity spontaneously creates moments of utter awe. I love games that invite exploration and experimentation to discover the rules of the world.

The kind of game that I not only enjoy but love are distressingly rare. The niche for these kind of games is considered to be too small to be worth the investment. That's why so many of the games that I love are indie titles and that's a major reason I want to get into game development.

Someday, I want to make the rare type of games that I love. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment